When we pray for someone else it draws us closer in relationships. Praying for your spouse, child, or friend helps them to see how much you love them. Almost no one you meet will decline being prayed over. Offering to pray for someone is a free and powerful gift you can give to anyone you meet.
Why should I pray for someone?
It helps us actively focus on the needs of others instead of ourselves. Praying for others forces us to think about what they need. That process can lead to us being more outwardly focused in all of our relationships.
What does it mean to pray for someone?
1. To utter a prayer to God or some other deity as an entreaty for the physical or spiritual wellbeing of someone.
What does God say about praying for others?
James 5:16. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
What do you pray for people?
‘ I ask that you put it in my friend’s heart to seek you, so he can find you.” Pray that God brings other people into the lives of your friends who will show and share with them the love of God. God loves using many faces and voices to reveal his goodness to someone.
What is power of prayer?
n order for someone to believe in the power of prayer, he must know the meaning of prayer. According to the King James [Online] Dictionary, prayer is, in a general sense, the act of asking for a favor, and particularly with earnestness. … When you pray, don’t worry. Thank God in advance for what He is going to do.
What do you say when praying for someone?
Almighty God, we entrust all who are dear to us to thy never-failing care and love, for this life and the life to come, knowing that thou art doing for them better things than we can desire or pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. Lord please give my treasured friend love and blessings without end.
What to say when someone wants to pray for you?
“I’ll Pray for You”
- It is a comfort that you will be thinking of me.
- That’s reassuring, thanks.
- Thank you for thinking of me.
- Thank you, it is nice to know that.
- Thank you for your good wishes.
- (smiling) Please do. I’m flattered. ( Marvin)
- Thanks. I appreciate you are keeping me in your thoughts. ( Dustin)
How do you tell someone you’re praying for them?
How to Say ‘I’m Praying for You’ to a Stranger or Acquaintance
- “I hope this doesn’t come off too strong, but I’ve been thinking of you. …
- “I’ve been thinking of you and what you’re going through. …
- “I can’t imagine how that must feel. …
- “I’ve been thinking about your situation.