(for the week of 5/21 - 5/27)
To best prepare yourself for next week’s study read verses 1-7 in chapter 3, 1 Peter 5, and Titus 1 and answer the following questions:
1. Why does God set such a high bar on the character qualities for those who would be elders or deacons?
2. Why does the list include “managing his own household well” (cf. 3:4)?
3. What are the responsibilities or tasks that elders are appointed to fulfill in the church?
4. Take a look at Titus 1:5-7 and 1 Peter 5:1-3. What differences are mentioned about Elders here? What similar things are mentioned?
5. In light of reflecting on Elder leadership in the Church as described by Paul (and Peter in '1 Peter'), what is something that God has challenged you with in regards to your own personal life? Have you learned something new about right thinking about God (Sound Doctrine) or a Gospel filled life (Holy Living)?